JACKSON, MI – In the first half of the year, statewide weather events like the March windstorm took the focus of Consumers Energy.
In the third quarter, it was weather events in other states that made headlines, as more than 350 employees were sent to Florida and Georgia to help restore power during Hurricane Irma.
Consumers earned $172 million in the third quarter, which equates to 61 cents per share. For all of 2017, Consumers has $465 million in earnings.
Here’s how the earnings from the past three months compares with previous quarters.
- First quarter: $202 million, 73 cents per share
- Second quarter: $67 million, 25 cents per share
- Third quarter: $148 million, 53 cents per share
- Fourth quarter: $106 million, 38 cents per share
- First quarter: $164 million, 59 cents per share
- Second quarter: $124 million, 45 cents per share
- Third quarter: $186 million, 67 cents per share
- Fourth quarter: $77 million, 27 cents per share
- First quarter: $199 million, 71 cents per share
- Second quarter: $92 million, 33 cents per share
- Third quarter: $172 million, 61 cents per share
Consumers has also made a change in its security provider, adding Grand Rapids-based DK Security to a five-year contract.
Now that it provides more than 200 security officers for Consumers locations across the state, DK Security employs more than 2,000 Michigan residents.